Saturday, October 25, 2008

SaltAir - A real stinker?

I just got notified about the venue "SaltAir". I've been to this place as a concert goer (clear back when KMFDM played there) but never as a performer. It didn't seem bad to me at the time, but apparently there are numerous complaints from performers there about the policies of the place. To wit -

They tag a "service fee" to the concert ticket. What 'service' is that about?

They charge you for parking and are eagerly waiting to tow your car if you don't leave in a big enough hurry.

Once you manage to get in they charge you a membership fee to get to the drinking area.

And, if I am not mistaken, they are a Pay to Play venue.

Now when I tabulate all these charges, I'm trying hard to come up with reasons that customers would go all the way down to that lake smelling place just to get robbed.

If anyone has had experiences like this, or to the contrary, please post in the comments or email me directly and we'll follow this one.

No comments: